Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Holy week


 I have been busy with a lot of stuff these past days that I dont bother to update My diary. Now i decided that I should write this or my short term memory will strike again. The week passed was the Lenten Season. This long holiday season was a perfect time for my hubby to have a quality time with our angel Kyle. Although on the first holiday off, we've fulfilled one of the tradtions of Pinoys during Lent. We did the Bisita Iglesia in 7 churches near us. We left the house at 4pm and started the way of the cross at the Our lady of the Abandoned Parish in Sta. Ana, Manila. I took shots of the churches we have visited because it was our first time to do it as a family as well as it's the first experience of kyle to do the Bisita Inglesia. I want it to become a memomable experience for all of us  and soon to be a tradition in my new and own family.  I've been a follower of this tradition as far as i remember when i was a kid. Here's the photo of our  first stop which we prayed th first two stations:
 Next, for the 3rd and 4th stations, we went to San Felipe Neri Parish in Mandaluyong.
The 5th and 6th stations were done in our neighboor church, the Divine Mercy. I was not able to get my own shot here. I never had the chance to get an angle because our car was parked at the back part of the church. The frontal area is a main road, I cannot afford to  go out and took a shot of the whole church. I had no choice but  I had the option, I should have took a shot of the altar. That did not come across my mind. My husband suggested to take a shot anytime since the church is just few steps away from our house, unfortunately,at this very moment, im not able to capture a glimpse of it. So i just decided to grab a pix somewhere the web. 
Fourth stop was in San Roque Parish for the 7th and 8th stations.
The next church for the 9th and 10th stations were in St. Francis of Assisi where we experienced tremendous traffjc in looking for a parking area. Incidentally, there was an ongoing mass that made the church fully occupied. We've waited for the mass ceremony to end and that's when we were able to fit in our car. 
From St. Francis, we stretched our gas all the way to Christ the King Parish in Pasig city for the 11th and 12th stations. 
The last two stations were completed in Sanctuario de San Antonio Parish in Forbes Park Makati.
I wasn't able to get a nice shot of this church. Aside from my ignorance in operating my cam for night shots, my baby was already asking for his yumyum (his term for food). The problem was, i did not bring any, we had to get to the house as early as we could because of the guilt of having my child experience fasting, at his age he's excluded. Only Kids and sick  people are excused according to the church.
 It was a great experience for all of us to do our first bisita Inglesia yet a fulfillment of a tradition that was made solemnly. I thank Jesus for what he has done to save the mankind. I admire His unconditional love for us. If only people can realize how important this season is in human existence not just during the lenten season but in everyday life. According to the bishop when we heard the mass on easter Sunday, the Risen Christ event is bigger than any other event of the Church. It is certainly much important to be celebrated than Christmas. I shall have to end this now. I need to prepare our things to be used on Kyle's birthday. it's going to be a nice and simple beach party. Off to batangas in a while. Thanks be to God. Hallelujah!

No comments: