Saturday, April 17, 2010

Model potential

Last thursday, when we were doing our usual "after payday" grocery, a lady approached us and asked: "Ma'am, may 2 and 1/2 years old na po ba sya?" and then I answered: "He just turned 2, why?" then she explained herself and told me that she's working in a talent agency and they are looking for potentially talented and cute babies who could appear in tv commercials. I was so surprised to learn her story because I wasn't expecting to hear that compliment that day. Aside from that, I have never thought that Kyle would be having a career at an early age. Of course, I'm not a hypocrite to say that I  never imagined my son becoming a model someday. It's just that I don't want my son be exposed in lights and stress environment yet. The woman, who introduced herself as Gemma, gave me her contact details and VTR schedule of Kyle. I told Gemma that I have to talk about this yet with my husband, who was incidentally not around then,  and will just contact her about our decision.

I started discussing it out with my husband as soon as he arrived at the grocery. That  night, I was contemplating and thinking of so many questions  if I will accept the offer or not. Yesterday morning, I received a text message from Gemma asking confirmation about Kyle's attendance on Sunday for the VTR. I asked my husband if he agrees with me, my decision is to try the offer. And then he answered me positively,yes. So I replied to Gemma and told her that we are going and asked about the other requirements needed to bring for the schedule. She just told me to come along with the recent 3R photo of Kyle, which is now my problem because I don't have any. 

I just wish that Kyle will show up his antics and smiles during the VTR. Of course, the result shall depend on his mood. Knowing kids, they just want to play around. Sometimes, they don't listen. Whatever the result may be, I will be happy for my son. Knowing that someone finds him very cute, makes me more proud of him already.

4 comments:

Stargazer said...

uh oh...super tagal kayo maghihintay for the VTR kasi super daming bata sa auditions. pero sige, try mo lang.

Poshbear said...

really. sobrang maatagal ba yun? ang init pa naman ngayon. :(

Ibyang said...

good luck! :)

Poshbear said...

Thanks! Kaso di kami natuloy e. Sayang.