Tuesday, January 18, 2011

At his best on his 31st

We celebrated my husband's birthday in two parts. Pre-celebration took place in our simple abode on the 16th in time for the feast of Sto. Nino. It was a simple celebration which tested my stamina in cooking and food preparation. I prepared my signature spaghetti, garlic bread, Bulalo. lumpiang shanghai, and Leche flan. 
 Unfortunately, this was taken during snack time and other dishes were only prepared over dinner. 


Family wearing Sto. Nino shirt


Yesterday, 17th January, was my husband's actual 31st natal day. This was my gift for him, a Starbucks tumbler.






 Then we went to the mall to play, stroll, shop and eat. We were supposed to go to the Avilon Zoo or Enchanted Kingdom but Kyle's condition did not allow us to go in any where of these places. As we usually do during special occasions, we go to nice places that we don't normally visit and go through.  Going to the mall is just an ordinary family field day for us because anytime we want to visit  the mall, we can. Since malls here in our place are just minutes away from our house. In fact, we can choose from small to classy malls. These are some of the pictures we took in Mall of Asia.




Kyle and his toy
The birthday boy


The loving wife






Nevertheless, we still had fun on my husband's special occasion. I realized that it's not about the place, it's about how we celebrate our loved one's special day for as long as the people you want to be with on that special occasion are complete.



2 comments:

Stargazer said...

Nice way to celebrate your hubby's bday. I agree, it's not about the place and not even the gifts. It's the effort you put into preparing the food and all the little things you did to make your hubby happy.

Poshbear said...

tama! :)